Friday, May 05, 2006

Elsewhere...

World Superbike will be at the ferociously noise-conscious Monza, and first qualifying is showing the Yamahas and Hondas back on pace. If anything, the race should be closer than the very exciting last two at Valencia. Wicked!

The Japanese SuperGT series gets their third race of the season, this time at the fabulous Fuji facility. This track is destined to host the Japanese round of the Formula 1 championship next year, so you can be sure this ain't no rinky-dink little place like Sugo or Tsukuba.

Speaking of Formula 1, they visit the clinical Sudschleife at the Nurburgring. After spending countless hours on the Nordschleife on Gran Turismo 4, I find the newer track to be terribly boring. Who's going to win? Jenson Button of course LOL! I'll be wearing my new Jenson t-shirt to show my support...

Actually, on Sunday I'll be at Laguna Seca to see those funny little Daytona Prototypes from the Rolex Sportscar Series. Despite their goofiness, they do put on a good show and a tight race, so I'm very much looking forward to it. I was unwittingly sucked in when the Daytona 24 Hours was on back earlier this year, and decided I wanted to see these strange cars in the flesh. Furthermore, after the chaos of Laguna at MotoGP last year, it's time for a more relaxed visit to this fantastic track. Best of all, $25 gets you in with paddock access to boot. Full report to follow early next week...

No comments: